If you have a pet parrot, then you need to know the best ways to take care of him. Parrots are very intelligent creatures and make excellent pets. At the same time, you must understand that they are basically wild by nature and will retain much of their wild instincts and behavioral traits.
With a Parrot Essential coupon, you can expect to find everything your parrot needs whether it is toys, cages, food or supplements for much lower prices. Here are some of the best ways to make sure your pet parrot is well taken care of:
- Buy a Cage: To start with, it is important to find the perfect cage for your parrot. Rectangular and square shaped cages are best suited for this bird specifies because they tend to be uncomfortable in round cages which lack corners. The cage needs to be spacious enough for it to move around easily, with room for water and food bowls, some toys and perches.
- Help him Interact: You must place the cage in an area where the parrot can interact with family members. They are social creatures and when they are free, they will always stay with their flock. So, by keeping them alone, you may make them anxious and scared.
- Maintain the Right Temperature: You need to make sure the temperature of the room where your parrot stays is optimum, ideally between 65-85 degrees Fahrenheit. They should not be kept in a chilly place as temperatures less than 40 degrees may prove fatal for them. When you keep a parrot in a hot place it is imperative to make sure the area is well-ventilated.
- Allow it to Settle: When you have brought a new parrot home, you need to give it some time to get used to his new surroundings. Regardless of how you put him in his cage for the first time, you must realize that he needs time and space. He is likely to eat and drink very little during the first few days till he is familiar with the place.
- Add Variety to Diet: Parrots like a change in their diet and this is why you should not only feed them pellets and seeds. You can also offer them fresh vegetables and fruits after rinsing these properly. For instance, apples, carrots, bananas, grapes and berries are their preferred fruits. They should not be fed sugary and salty snacks, caffeine and chocolate, cabbage, eggplant, asparagus, greasy foods and dry beans.
- Feed Small Amounts: To make sure your pet parrot stays healthy, you need to offer her meals in small amounts; it is best to use containers with capacity of 20 ounces for the smaller birds and medium-sized birds.
- Keep a Water Container: The container you keep water in for your parrot can double up as his bath because parrots are fond of playing in the water they drink.
- Avoid Cooking in Non-Stick Pans: When you use non-stick cookware for preparing foods and your parrot is close to the kitchen, the chemicals in these can prove harmful once they are heated.
- Keep Cage Clean: You need to ensure that the parrot’s cage is clean at all times. So, you must get rid of gravel, toys, shells and seeds which have been discarded by your pet. The food and water containers must also be cleaned every day. All foods which can decay fast like cooked beans have to be moved out of the cage after feeding. You can invest in a bird-safe disinfectant for cleaning the cage.
- Vet Visit: Paying a visit to the vet regularly is a good idea to ensure that your parrot is in good health. Parrots are rarely unwell, and if there is a health issue, it can be usually solved easily with help from a vet.
To get great savings offers on all your pet parrot needs, you should get the latest coupons from Don’tPayAll.