So you are all set to kick this out of your life. Well making the decision to quit is winning half the battle over. Quitting smoking, be it for any reason, for you or for your loved ones or for any other reason justifies kicking it out of your body and gradually from your life. It’s not going to easy but is totally worth it. Here are a few ways to know how to quit smoking cigarettes forever easily.
How to Quit Smoking Cigarettes? Here are the Ways…
A good prep-up for the quit day
Once you have decided to save your life and stop smoking, you are ready to set a “quit date”. You can pick up a date that is not too far in future. This ensures that you don’t have enough time to change your mind but have ample time to prepare for this decisive step.
Quitting smoking itself has many ways. You can decide which way to choose as per your convenience and willpower. You need to decide whether:
1. You are going to quit instantaneously or continue with smoking till the very “quitting date” and then stop.
2. You are going to quit it gradually. It simply means to reduce the intake of the cigarette with each passing day till the quit date and then stop.
No method is better than another, in both the cases; people have seen positive outcomes so choose the method which suits you best. Also, you need to be quite considerate about your quitting date.
Measures to keep in mind
Here are few measures to keep in mind that will tell you how to quit smoking cigarettes:
• Share this decision with your family, friends, and co-workers and tell them about the quit date. Seek their help and assistance to overcome the phase.
• You need to throw away all the cigarettes packets and ashtrays.
• You also need to seek the medical assistance as the body needs to cope up with quitting smoking abruptly. Ask your doctor about different therapies that can help you in quitting smoking.
• You need to sign up for a stop-smoking group at earliest. Whether you mean it or not, but they tend to help you each and every day.
• You can ask your family and friends to quit smoking with you. You can make a pact or something that can help you in quitting this habit. If they are still continuing with it, you ask them to not smoke around you.
It’s not going to be easy but is totally worth it. Try it for you and for your loved ones. From the “quit date” stop smoking completely. You may crave for it but there are many things that can help you to satisfy them. Don’t switch to smoking.
This phrase is used when a smoker doesn’t seek any outside help to overcome his smoking habits. For most of the times, people who try to quit smoking, do the same without seeking any outside assistance. Yes, that’s right- no therapy, no aids, no medicine, just the will to quit it abruptly. Though the chances of success are slightest, you can try it. Who knows, you are amongst those few people?
As the name suggests, the therapy is all about changing the behavioral activities that trigger smoking. It involves seeking the assistance of the counselor to know how to quit smoking cigarettes. Their assistance and analysis can help you find your triggers, which involve certain situations or emotional phase and many more. They can help you in making the plan to get through all of the cravings.
Nicotine Replacement Therapy:
You should consult a medical professional for your nicotine replacement therapy. The concept of this therapy is to work out those cravings with nicotine instead of using tobacco. It is one of the most effective therapies but when accompanied with behavioral therapy, it works wonders. Primarily to know how to quit smoking cigarettes under the therapy include:
1. Prescribed nicotine in a nasal spray or via inhaler.
2. Nicotine patches, lozenges, and gums over-the-counter
3. Prescribed non-nicotine medications that can help to stop smoking. Some of these medications are Varencile, Bupropion and many more.
The short-acting nicotine therapy is quite effective is overcoming the intense cravings for smoking. These basically include nicotine gums, nasal sprays, lozenges or the inhalers. When consumed in the combination of the long-acting nicotine therapies like non-nicotine medication, they are safe to consume. Remember the very goal of it is stop your addiction to nicotine and not just quit using tobacco.
A combo of several therapy and procedures together
The outcomes of combo treatments have surpassed the results of a single treatment. The studies have shown that you are more likely to quit smoking for good if you use the combo of different treatments. Like instead of just using patch alone, you can accompany it with nicotine gum and see the difference by yourself. We already have mentioned that nicotine replacement therapy works more effectively when collaborated with behavioral therapy. Likewise, there are several different therapies and procedures when combined together works in a more efficacious manner.
Indulge in some physical activity
Exercise is the most underrated treatment procedure. Not only they strengthen the mind but are a good distraction too. You can try all these medications and therapies but all of them can easily be surpassed by the outcomes of exercise or any physical activity. Take it as one good chance to engage yourself in some physical activity. Be it something as elementary as running or something as substantial as yoga, you can try several different things.
If you have left it earlier, you can start up with playing your favorite game all over again. Yoga and meditation have proved quite effective in helping to quit smoking. Not only it helps your body to cope up physically, but they strengthen you mentally too. The combination of two can help you for a longer lasting period.
Still thinking about how to quit smoking cigarettes? The first step is always difficult, but you can do anything you set your mind to. All the best and just go for it.