The Global Indian International School system is one of the most sought-after in all of India for its holistic approach to education. 9 Gems approach to learning encompasses all areas of education, giving students the best possible start in life. This framework is an award-winning method, internationally recognized as helping students develop strong global views, educated perspectives, and a healthy sense of self that will propel them forward in an increasingly competitive world.
Only thing stopping many Indian families from choosing a GIIS education for their children? The cost. As a private institution, GIIS does have associated fees. These fees can be too high for the budget of many low and moderate-income Indian families. However, the GIIS 9 Gems scholarship program is helping more and more students from all backgrounds access the kind of life-changing education that the school system is so well-known for.
The 9 Gems Scholarship Program
The 9 Gems scholarship opportunity is one that offers middle and high school students and their families one year of partial tuition coverage. It is awarded based on merit, specifically in recognition of excellence in one of the 9 Gems areas, which include the following:
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Personality Development
- Innovation and Creativity
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership
- Universal Values and Ethics
- Skill Development
- Community Care
Categories and Eligibility Criteria
Who is eligible for this scholarship opportunity – and how do they qualify?
The 9 Gems scholarship like many offered by GIIS is divided into categories by age range. The award is offered in staggered amounts depending on the following criteria:
- Category A – This award level covers 20% of tuition fees and is available for students in grades 6-10. To qualify, a student must demonstrate excellence through recognition at the international level in any one (or more) of the 9 Gems areas of education.
- Category B – This award level covers 15% of tuition fees and is available for students in grades 6-10. To qualify, a student must demonstrate excellence through recognition at the national level in any one (or more) of the 9 Gems areas of education.
- Category C – This award level covers 10% of tuition fees and is available for students in grades 6-10. To qualify, a student must demonstrate excellence through recognition at the regional or state level in any one (or more) of the 9 Gems areas of education.
For athletics, a student must have participated at the regional, state, national, or international level on an organized sports team (or individually), in the SGFI or CBSE cluster to qualify for this scholarship.
To qualify for the scholarship in recognition of performing arts, the following will suffice as sources of documentation of excellence in dance, musical performance, etc.:
- Gandharva Mahavidyalaya
- Trinity College London
- Torrins Academy Certification
For visual art, a state or national government-certified drawing exam will be used.
How to Apply for the Scholarship Award
The GIIS 9 Gems scholarship opportunity can be a life-changing one for students and families, but you’ll never know if you qualify without submitting an application!
Here are the five simple steps for application:
- Step one – Submit your application online.
- To submit an application, start here.
- Remember that all documentation must be submitted alongside your application. This includes:
- The past year’s academic records demonstrate proficient performance.
- Certificates, awards, letters of recommendations, and other documentation of excellent performance in at least one of the 9 Gems areas.
- Remember that without this documentation, your application cannot and will not be processed.
- Step two – Receive your notification of acceptance for consideration.
- Within ten business days, you should receive notification that your application has been received, processed, and is being considered for the award.
- Please note: This notification does not mean that you have received the award. It serves only to notify you or your student that your application has successfully been processed.
- Step three – Submit to any testing or assessment required.
- In some cases, you may be asked to undergo some kind of assessment to demonstrate aptitude. If this is required, be certain to attend all examinations or assessments.
- Step four – Participate in one-on-one interviews, if applicable.
- Another possibility during the interim between submission of applications and the choice of the winners of the scholarship award is in-person interviews. This allows candidates for the award to further set themselves apart from their peers and demonstrate their potential.
- Should this interview be required for you or your student, be sure to attend and do your best. To prepare, be sure to get plenty of rest, and be honest during your interview about your academic achievements and goals.
- Step five – Receive notification of your award, should you win.
- Once all qualified applicants have been considered, winners will be chosen. Winners will be notified and award totals will be disbursed during the following academic term.
- Remember, the award amount is intended only for use in covering schooling expenses.
To learn more about scholarship opportunities, GIIS schools, or to book a safe and secure campus tour, check out their website today!